1.18.2011

New Computer

I sold my iMac on christmas eve.  I had the mac for almost a year and it was great for the most part.  However after quite a bit of performance testing and technological soul searching ive decided to go in another direction.

I sold the iMac for plenty enough cash to build a pretty ultimate machine.  I will take you on a bit of the journey through photos.

When the parts arrived it looked like this (excluding the monitors)

Here is the CPU, I went for the AMD phenom II x6 1090t

Here is the ugly stock CPU cooler that I quickly replaced, and my video card, a Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870

For better cooling I ended up with the Spire Thermax Eclipse II

this thing is a beast

I think I got the best one on the market

Here it is all put together on the motherboard

Final assembly completed, heres what it looks like on the inside

this is a full size case, it is massive and yes those are wheels on the bottom

Final Specs:
AMD Phenom II x6 1090t CPU 3.2GHz Black Edition overclocked to 3.9GHz (4.5GHz eventually)
4GB A-DATA DDR3 1600 memory overclocked to 1966MHz
Radeon HD 5870 overclocked to 870MHz
Dual 32" JVC 1080p 120hz LCD monitors (thats about 10 square feet of screen space)
Blu-Ray drive included (Mac's will probably never get Blu-Ray, sad but true)
60GB Corsair SSD and a 1TB Seagate HDD
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard (ultimate for overclocking)

Having 6 overclocked cores will render video in a fraction of the time that it took my imac, and, this computer is less than half the price.  that is pretty crazy.

3 comments:

  1. More details on the mobo and the monitors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131644&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

    ^motherboard^

    http://tv.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028724&pathId=80&page=10

    ^monitors^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get much of the words, but the pictures are pretty, and I think the appropriate title for that tower is "plus sized" or "queen". As in, the normal girl pantyhose won't do for you, upgrade to "queen".

    congratulations on the new machine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments.