Browser: I've decided to make an executive decision and stick with safari. Ive messed with other browsers.. they all bother me in one way or another.. safari seems to be the best for me. I use the following extensions - GleeBox [this gives you the ability to navigate any of the 3 major browsers all from the keyboard, it rules faces, also it can do a ton of cool stuff like post a shortened URL of what ever page you are on to twitter, awesome]
Here is a look at my desktop. Click to see actual size. I added some notes in there.
Music: VLC is my champion here. This pic shows how I do it.
- SilverKeeper for data transfers
- VirtualBox for VM's
- Adium for chat
- Dropbox for hosting and sharing
- TinkerTool for hacks i cant live without
- Ommwriter for when i need to write without distraction, its still awesome
- Interfacelift.com for all my wallpaper needs
- Perian/Quicktime for video
- The Unarchiver runs all my zip/archive files, does everything
- uTorrent for torrents
- TrashMe is the ultimate app uninstaller, everyone should use this one
- I installed handbreak again but ive still never once used it.. *shrug
- Burn for burning ha!
- I still occasionally use Skype
- Skitch a completely lovely program. Probably my favorite mac app.
- Lightroom 3.2 - has become my favorite photo manipulation app, in conjuncture with ...
- Photomatix Pro 4.0 - HDR
- MS office - hate it but sometimes you just gotta have it.
- Roxio Toast - This is a pretty ultimate burn program for everything that "burn" cant do.
- Backups - I still need a backup solution that doesn't make me crazy...
- Rip DVD's - Occasionally I need to rip a DVD into a good usable format, I hate everything ive used so far. (update! handbreak might do the trick .mkv might satisfy me. ill keep testing)
- Gmail - I use gmail exclusively and I am not satisfied with anything I have found so far. I would like a free app that works amazingly well with gmail. I need control over what labels and inboxes sync/download locally and i need a sound notification instantly when a new mail arrives. Any ideas? For now I'm just using the gmail webpage in safari with the GMail Counter extension. Not my favorite.