6.03.2010

out with the old in with the new (camera)

a few days ago my sister was in town and she let me play with her new camera.  it was a panasonic and i was blown away with how it was so much more advanced than my canon SD630.  i didnt think my camera was so old and obsolete already.  so of course it got me all itchy to upgrade mine.  i was so impressed with her panasonic and others i had seen in magazines that i thought i would finally switch from canon to another brand.

soon my old camera was put on craigslist/ksl and then i got down to some serious research.  i narrowed it down to a panasonic lumix TS2 (because its impervious to damage, including water and dropping it, and thats just cool) and the more advanced canon powershot S90.

after staying up all night reading all the info out there on the internets i decided on the amazing S90.  mostly for these features:


  • shoots in RAW (this is perfect for doing HDR)
  • amazing low light capabilities
  • full manual controls
  • awesome control dials! one on the front lens and a small one on the back!
really this thing is just packed full of high end bells and whistles.  it gives you great control and every picture just looks amazing.  i am very impressed.

ive only had it for a few hours so im still getting the hang of it but here are a few test pics.

and here is my first attempts at HDR 




the first two are green.. i explained it here.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the obligatory side view mirror picture. Some good looking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice! If I had the Benjamins, I would be all over your old camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dig the green photo (with the tree). A lot. If I had another laptop*, I would ask for it for desktop material. ;)

    *I might ask for it, anyway. You just never know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments.