2.04.2010

Mega catch up blog dump

ok first of all.. watch this.


now that we got that out of the way here are a few other things:


Everyone knows about red bull energy drinks.  but have  you heard about Slow Cow?
I thought this was pretty funny.  Its trying to be the exact opposite of red bull.



ive decided i want to live on a ship like this someday.  it is my destiny.  


sam raimi's new super hero movie will be the shadow.  its been a favorite show of mine for a long time so thats exciting.


ever wonder what Leonardo's job application cover letter might be like?  this is what it says:


Most Illustrious Lord, Having now sufficiently considered the specimens of all those who proclaim themselves skilled contrivers of instruments of war, and that the invention and operation of the said instruments are nothing different from those in common use: I shall endeavor, without prejudice to any one else, to explain myself to your Excellency, showing your Lordship my secret, and then offering them to your best pleasure and approbation to work with effect at opportune moments on all those things which, in part, shall be briefly noted below.
1. I have a sort of extremely light and strong bridges, adapted to be most easily carried, and with them you may pursue, and at any time flee from the enemy; and others, secure and indestructible by fire and battle, easy and convenient to lift and place. Also methods of burning and destroying those of the enemy.
2. I know how, when a place is besieged, to take the water out of the trenches, and make endless variety of bridges, and covered ways and ladders, and other machines pertaining to such expeditions.
3. If, by reason of the height of the banks, or the strength of the place and its position, it is impossible, when besieging a place, to avail oneself of the plan of bombardment, I have methods for destroying every rock or other fortress, even if it were founded on a rock, etc.
4. Again, I have kinds of mortars; most convenient and easy to carry; and with these I can fling small stones almost resembling a storm; and with the smoke of these cause great terror to the enemy, to his great detriment and confusion.
5. And if the fight should be at sea I have kinds of many machines most efficient for offense and defense; and vessels which will resist the attack of the largest guns and powder and fumes.
6. I have means by secret and tortuous mines and ways, made without noise, to reach a designated spot, even if it were needed to pass under a trench or a river.
7. I will make covered chariots, safe and unattackable, which, entering among the enemy with their artillery, there is no body of men so great but they would break them. And behind these, infantry could follow quite unhurt and without any hindrance.
8. In case of need I will make big guns, mortars, and light ordnance of fine and useful forms, out of the common type.
9. Where the operation of bombardment might fail, I would contrive catapults, mangonels, trabocchi, and other machines of marvellous efficacy and not in common use. And in short, according to the variety of cases, I can contrive various and endless means of offense and defense.
10. In times of peace I believe I can give perfect satisfaction and to the equal of any other in architecture and the composition of buildings public and private; and in guiding water from one place to another.
11. I can carry out sculpture in marble, bronze, or clay, and also I can do in painting whatever may be done, as well as any other, be he who he may.
Again, the bronze horse may be taken in hand, which is to be to the immortal glory and eternal honor of the prince your father of happy memory, and of the illustrious house of Sforza.
And if any of the above-named things seem to anyone to be impossible or not feasible, I am most ready to make the experiment in your park, or in whatever place may please your Excellency - to whom I comment myself with the utmost humility, etc.
cool eh?


thought this video was both silly and really fun.  i could see my self running around with a camera like this someday.  here is another video made with the same camera and shot in mexico.  i love the dude with the monkey face.  you have no idea how bad i want to do this.


this is interesting.  the director of district 9 talks at TED about his thoughts on aliens and n such.  worth watching i think.


this next section of my blog is entitled.  scientists still dont know what the crap is going on:

apparently computers are now saying that black holes CAN be created by particle accelerators when particles collide.  im getting tired of people associating black holes with Einstein.  he always opposed the idea and none of his work allowed for black holes.  they are getting away with so much bull these days.

here is an article from this month admitting that they have no idea how stars are formed.  great job out there guys!

here is one from last month saying that the best way to combat global warming is to shoot giant volcano bombs into the sky so that the ash can block the sunlight.  it will only cost millions to research.  i say we go for it!  haha

and the latest news at the LHC is that it will run at half power for the next 2 years and then it will shut down for all of 2013 for some upgrades.  they intend to replace all 10,000 interconnects.  sooo.. that means they will keep dumping money into this retarded thing forever.  who knows when they will get the stupid thing to full power.  i hope someone else does first so they can finally discover that there is no higgs bosson and we can all move on from this.

thats all.  thanks for reading my blog.  as a special thanks here is a 4 minute video of tony jaa doing his thing.  this is also well worth it ahaha

6 comments:

  1. is there a world record for most arm breaks in a minute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they don't discover the Higgs Bosson by 2020 I will wear a bunny suit with a sign that says Garit and everyone else was right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. Your blog is such a guy blog.
    Is that slow cow drink a real thing? I noticed it contains hops. Is this the hops of the beer fame? No wonder it helps you relax.

    Anyway, I wanted to say happy birthday right back at ya. And have a happy super bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes that slow cow drink is real. it would be awesome if it became a new trend. energy drinks are horrid things.

    and its funny you say my blog is a guy blog. i suppose it makes sense. its been a lot of thing but always my own.

    any ideas to make it more femininely available? should i have a weekly "fabric and feminine advice" post? that could be entertaining lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. After thinking about it, I realize I learn more from your blog than I do anywhere else these days. I watched that Googlevideo documentary and was hooked.. >_<; I think I've spent 10 hours in the last day watching theories about the universe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I am overjoyed to hear you say that! Thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments.